Season 2, Episode 90
For Friday, December 11, 2015
The Old Testament priesthood was a big deal.
- It was accessed by birth (Exo. 28:1, 43).
- A priest served God in a designated place (Exo. 28:43; Heb. 9:6).
- A priest was under the high priest.
It was a big deal because …
- It was service to God (Exo. 28:3, 4, 41, 43; 29:1).
- It was a dignified position.
CHRISTIANS ARE NEW TESTAMENT PRIESTS (1 Pet. 2:5, 9; Rev. 1:6)
Our position as priests is a big deal.
- We have been made priests by the new birth (Heb. 10:22; cf. John 3)
- We serve God in His temple, our bodies (1 Cor. 3:16).
- We serve under Jesus Christ, our High Priest (Heb. 5:9-10; 6:20; 7:11, 15, 17).
Like Old Testament priests, we are involved in offering sacrifices.
- We are living sacrifices (Rom. 12:1-2).
- We employ our resources as sacrifices, too (Heb. 13:15-16).