Recorded Tuesday, February 19, 2013
“Living the Saved Life”
HOST: Robert Hatfield
Video of this episode:
- On this episode, Robert examines what it means to live a saved life from Galatians 2:20
- THE COST
- “I have been crucified with Christ…” (Gal. 2:20)
- cf. Gal. 1:4; 2:21; 3:1, 13; 6:14
- 1 John 5:19
- How this crucifixion to which Paul refers accomplished? Through baptism (Romans 6:1-4).
- The extent of Paul’s sacrifice reached far past the initial act of his baptism. He lived a faithful life.
- THE CHARACTER
- “… it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me”
- This was a change in Paul’s character. He would now live after Jesus’ example (1 Cor. 11:1; cf. 1 Pet. 2:21-24).
- Luke 9:23
- Philippians 3:7-11
- Colossians 3:1-5
- 2 Corinthians 5:15
- Romans 6:11
- Romans 12:1-2
- This is a change of heart that is seen in a change of life.
- THE CONVICTION
- “… and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith in the Son of God”
- Paul’s existence, though still in the flesh, was now far different than it was before!
- As a Christian, I now live by faith (2 Cor. 5:7; Heb. 11:1, 6)
- Faith comes from God’s Word (Rom. 10:17).
- To live by faith is to live in obedience to the Lord’s Word (Col. 3:17).
- My sights are now set on heaven (2 Cor. 4:16-5:1).
- It is clear that this kind of life is not easy. How can I do it?
- THE CHRIST
- “… the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me”
- In Christ we find the power to live faithfully!
- Paul says his obedience is directly related to his recognition of what Christ did for him.
- Here is a great key both to dedication to Christ and lack of it.
- Paul recognized the motivating power in Christ’s death (1 Cor. 1:21-24).
- Submit your feedback or suggest future topics via email (email@example.com)
or voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.