For Thursday, September 25, 2014
“TITUS: “Rebuke them sharply…” (1:13)”
HOST: Robert Hatfield
GUEST: Brad McNutt
- Paul told Titus to “rebuke” false teachers. What does this mean? In what spirit should preachers fulfill this command today? What about the role of elders in rebuking false teaching? Brad McNutt joins Robert this week for a study of Titus 1:10-16 with a special view towards preachers.
- Preacher’s S.T.E.W.
- Sermon: “Glorify God in Your Body” (1 Cor. 6:15-20)
- Tool: Canva: Amazingly Simple Graphic Design
- Event: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Wisdom: “And we must understand that a title, or a position, does not make anyone a leader. Preachers do not become spiritual leaders simply because they are ‘preachers.’ Leadership is about character and spiritual maturity. Paul sent Timothy and Titus to do the work of evangelists because he knew these men had the necessary qualities to lead people toward godliness.” – Wes McAdams, from his article “Do We Really Understand the Biblical Role of the Preacher?”
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.