Season 2, Episode 66
For Monday, November 2, 2015
“The Rich Young Ruler”
OBSERVATIONS FROM LUKE 18:18-25:
- He is rich, powerful (Luke 18:18), and young (Mat. 19:20).
- cf. King Rehoboam rejected the counsel of the elders (1 Kings 12:8).
- He knows that something is missing in his life (Luke 18:19-20; Mat. 19:20).
- He recognizes Jesus as “good” (Luke 18:18-19).
- He had kept the commandments (Luke 18:20-21).
- “What do I still lack?” (Mat. 19:20).
- He asked the wrong question.
- “What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” (Mat. 19:16).
- This indicated a fundamental flaw in his thinking about salvation.
- He was not willing to do what the Good Teacher said.
Join us for the first-ever Periscope Revival LIVE November 9-20. Click here <http://www.faughnfamily.com/periscoperevival> for more information.