Under the Juniper Tree Season 4, Episode 6 for Thursday, October 27, 2016
Conflicts are not all bad. In fact, there are benefits that come out of conflict.
I. Conflicts are Not a Bad Thing
- A. Often man will hear the word “conflict” and think of knock down drag out arguments.
- B. That is not what is usually meant when we say conflict.
- 1. It could be a simple disagreement that needs to be solved.
- 2. A problem that we have in our lives.
- C. Conflicts are not bad.
- 1. James 1:3-5
- 2. There are benefits to going through conflicts.
- D. Since conflicts are not bad, how do we resolve them?
II. The Bible Speaks of the Christians Need to Resolve Conflicts
- A. Matt. 5:23-24
- 1. V. 23 – Presents the fact that there is a conflict between Jews. The Jews would give gifts at the altar (sacrifices under the OT law). So, if a Jew was on his way to the altar to give his sacrifice but remembers that there is a conflict between himself and another Jew. What is he to do?
- 2. V. 24 – Settle the difficulty before you offer the sacrifice!
- B. Matt. 18:15
- 1. There are certain rules to follow when resolving conflicts.
- 2. V. 15 – Go alone
- 3. V. 16 – Take two faithful people with you
- 4. V. 17 – Take the church.
- 5. V. 18-20 – We have Heaven’s stamp of approval.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Doing so helps us spread the word about the show! Thank you!