Season 1, Episode 4
For Thursday, January 29, 2015
“Paul’s Advice for Anxiety” Part 2
HOST: Andrew Crowe
Last week, we covered the need to stop worrying! This week, we begin looking at what one can do to combat it.
Outline of this episode:
- “…but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God” (Phil. 4:6b).
- God does not simply say, “Stop worrying” but He also tells us how we can combat it!
- How many nights have we stayed up with worry on our minds? Do they creep up on us at work and hinder our abilities to perform?
- Instead of spending so much time worrying about it, why not take the time to go to God in prayer?
- Prayer is a valuable tool in our lives (Eph. 6:18-19).
- Paul uses three words to discuss the act of prayer.
- Prayer: Simply means we talk to God concerning the situation.
- Supplication: This is the act of asking.
- Request: The idea behind this is to be specific.
- So far, we have noticed that we should stop worrying about these situations and be more earnest in our prayer lives.
- What is the effect of this action?
- “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:7).
- God is willing to take our anxieties and give us peace as a trade.
- This peace passes all understanding…what does that mean?
- Think of a chocolate pie. Would you rather me give the ingredients and tell you how to cook it or would you rather experience it?
- God’s peace is better experienced than explained.
Next week: We will look at Phil. 4:8-9 and where our thoughts should go.
- Submit your feedback or suggest future topics via email (email@example.com)
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.