Season 2, Episode 97
For Tuesday, December 22, 2015
“Your Role in Making Disciples”
WHAT TO DO (Mat. 10:1-15)
- There was a COMMISSION.
- The term “apostle” means to send forth with a commission.
- The commission they were given is not our commission (Mat. 28:19-20).
- There was a specific COMMUNICATION.
- They were given a message to proclaim: “The kingdom of heaven is at hand” (10:7).
- Our message is “Christ died for our sins!” (cf. 1 Cor. 15:1-4; Luke 24:46-49).
- They were given a CONFIRMATION power.
- They had the ability to work miracles to confirm their message (10:8).
- Our power is in the gospel message (Rom. 1:16; John 20:30-31).