Strong in the Lord Season 1, Episode 4 for Tuesday, August 23, 2016
In this episode, we do a character study of the judge Samson. He has a reputation for being strong physically but weak morally. Is what the Bible teaches? Yes, Samson had flaws, but overall God defined his life as faithful (Hebrews 11:32-39).
Like Samson, we all have flaws. Jesus came not to call the righteous, but sinners (Mark 2:17), and we’ve all fallen short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). How do we respond to our flaws? How do we view others who are flawed? Do we look at flaws differently if their physical vs. spiritual? As we examine Samson’s life, let’s also look at these questions to see how we can be Strong in the Lord in spite of our flaws. (Spoiler Alert: We can!)
- A worldview, but positive view, of flaws – http://www.positivelypresent.com/2012/09/love-your-flaws.html
- Parable of the Pharisee and the publican – Luke 18:9-14
- We who are strong ought to bear the failings of the weak – Romans 15:1-2
- The things of the world are passing away – 1 John 2:17, Luke 12:33-34
- As God’s chosen people, let’s put on compassion… – Colossians 3:12-14
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Doing so helps us spread the word about the show! Thank you!