For Thursday, May 15, 2014
“Beginning a New Preaching Work”
HOST: Robert Hatfield
GUEST: Phil Sanders
- Phil Sanders, speaker for the In Search of the Lord’s Way television program, stops by Preachers in Training to offer tips for preachers who are moving to work with a different congregation.
- Thanks to Derrick for suggesting this episode topic in the Preachers in Training Facebook group!
- Derrick wrote: “I do have a request though for a episode…how about spending time talking about things a preacher should do when he begins a new work. I will be moving to a new work in June and am excited about it but a little nervous and to be able to hear from those who have moved to new works and some do’s and don’ts would be great!!”
- FREE PDF – A Preacher’s Handbook by Phil Sanders (90 pages)
- In Search of the Lord’s Way website
- Preacher’s S.T.E.W.:
- Sermon: VIRAL Series, Part 1 – Expectation: Blood on My Hands
- Tool: How to Launch a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes or Less by Michael Hyatt
- Event: Campaign: Capitol Hill – Saturday, July 5, 2014 in Washington D.C.
- Wisdom: “A preacher cannot allow himself to get in the way of the message he is presenting, but laziness will do just that. If a preacher is lazy, he won’t be heard. His message will fall on deaf ears. In fact, when one proclaims one thing and lives another, not only will people not listen, but they will develop contempt for the message being preached, as well as the God behind the message.” (Steve Higginbotham, Fit for the Pulpit)
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.