Under the Juniper Tree Season 6, Episode 4 for Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Empathy is needed in the church today (Rom. 12:15). Nursing scholar Theresa Wiseman gave empathy four attributes:
- To see the world as others see it.
- To be nonjudgmental.
- To understand another person’s feelings.
- To communicate our understanding of that person’s feelings.
We sometimes feel that our words will make things better. Do not use “At least…” statements (1 Sam. 1:8). A proper connection is often achieved through our actions, not our words.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Doing so helps us spread the word about the show! Thank you!