Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Under the Juniper Tree Season 6, Episode 12 for Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- John 11 gives us a moment to read about Lazarus’ death.
- This gives us the opportunity to see how Christ dealt with two mourning sisters.
- v. 20 – The two sisters separated from each other.
- v. 21-22 – Martha was very practical in her response.
- v. 32-33 – Mary was very emotional in her response.
- Notice that Christ dealt with each sister differently. He responded to the Martha in an analytical fashion. He wept with Mary.
- There are no cookie cutter responses to grief (think of Job’s wife).
- Grief is also a healer (Matt 5:4).