Season 2, Episode 6
For Thursday, September 17, 2015
“Observations Under the Juniper Tree” Part 6
HOST: Andrew Crowe
Andrew Crowe continues his season 2 series looking at the life of Elijah. On this episode, Andrew looks into two symptoms of depression that the prophet of God exhibited.
Outline of this episode:
God Gave Elijah Purpose
o 1 Kings 9:15-17
o Why would God immediately give Elijah something to do?
– One, it would take Elijah’s mind off of the present discomfort to a certain extent.
– Two, these tasks are relatively easy. There would be a sense of accomplishment that would be felt upon completion.
o When faced with depression, it makes it easy to let go when there is no purpose in life.
– The Christian has a great purpose.
God reminded Elijah that He was not Alone
o 1 Kings 19:18
o It is sometimes really easy to think that we are alone.
o God reminded Elijah that 7,000 were still faithful.
o It is estimated that 250 million people WORLDWIDE suffer and the number is growing.
- Submit your feedback or suggest future topics via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.