“Why Do We Suffer from Mental Illness: The Beginning”
HOST: Andrew Crowe
On this episode, Andrew explores the often-asked question, “Why do we suffer from mental illness?”
Outline of this episode:
A question we tend to ask is “Why?”
– That is the question we will answer over the next few weeks.
– Why do we suffer from mental illnesses?
– Think back to the original creation of everything.
– Genesis 1:31 shows that everything was perfect in the beginning.
– There were two major commands for man.
– Dress and keep the garden (Gen 2:15).
– Do not eat of the tree of knowledge (Gen 2:16-17).
– In Gen. 3 the serpent enters the scene.
– He convinces Adam and Eve to eat of the fruit.
– Many problems occurred at that point.
– At that moment a number of things entered into the world.
– Death entered the world.
– Physical Death (Gen. 3:19; 1 Cor. 15:21-22).
– Spiritual Death (Rom. 5:19).
– Why were they not struck dead at that moment?
– It was likely from the first animal sacrifice for man (Gen. 3:21).
– Sin entered into the world (cf. Romans 5:19; Rom. 6:23).
– That is usually where our list ends.These two are not the only things that have entered into the world.
– It seems that everything bad that is in the world came in at this point.
– That would include disease (mental illnesses).
– Are you saying we have Adam and Eve to blame?
– Romans 3:23
– Are any of us sinless?
This seems to be the beginning point of mental illnesses.
- Submit your feedback or suggest future topics via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.