Season 2, Episode 83
For Wednesday, December 2, 2015
“Surrender: A Decision to HEED”
A Decision to HEED (Mat. 11:28).
- “Weary” means labor to the point of sweat and exhaustion.
- Perhaps a reference to those who attempted to earn their own salvation from God.
- “Heavy laden” is an image of one working hard, bearing a burden that continually gets heavier.
- He’s talking about REPENTANCE (cf. Mat. 11:20-24, they refused to repent).
- This is not an invitation to those who enjoy their sin. It applies only to those at the end of their resources and desperate to turn from sin and self-righteousness to the Savior.