Strong in the Lord Season 1, Episode 1 for Tuesday, August 9, 2016
Why is it important to study the topic of health and fitness on The Light Network?
1. Being physically strong in the Lord helps me obey the Greatest Command.
- a. Luke 10:25-28; Matt 22:36-38
- b. It is central to the commands of the New Testament that we, as obedient Christians, love God with everything we have, down to the core of who we are.
- c. The stronger I am, the more with which I can love God and the better I can obey the Greatest Commandment
- d. A good, balanced diet leads to high brain function http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/scientists-learn-how-food-affects-52668
- e. …and helps prevent diseases and sicknesses like colds http://nutritionstudies.org/diet-common-cold/
2. Being physically strong in the Lord helps me obey the Second Greatest Command.
- a. Matthew 22:37-40
- b. This helps me equip myself to be an asset for the Lord’s church instead of a liability.
- c. having good health is tied to having more years of life and more quality in those years http://www.nextavenue.org/10-ways-live-longer-and-better/
- d. Lifelong fitness is a worthy pursuit because of the well-led Christian life
3. Being strong in the Lord is a blessing, and we should take care of all the things God’s blessed us with.
- a. When we overlook one of God’s blessings, we tend to not take care of that blessing.
- b. The Mayo Clinic reports that “…physical activity can reduce your risk of chronic disease, improve your balance and coordination, help you lose weight, and even boost your self-esteem. And the benefits are yours for the taking, regardless of age, sex or physical ability.” http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/basics/fitness-basics/hlv-20049447
4. 3 John 2 (ESV) – Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Doing so helps us spread the word about the show! Thank you!