Season 2, Episode 2
For Thursday, August 13, 2015
“The Relationship Between the Eldership and the Preacher”
HOST: Robert Hatfield
GUESTS: Eldership of the North Charleston church of Christ:
Robert Bedenbaugh, Brian Glasshof, and Richard Hopkins
- Is it important for a congregation to have elders? What should the relationship between the elders and the preacher be like? Robert is joined by his shepherds at North Charleston to discuss these listener-submitted questions.
- This episode covers the following questions:
- Is there Scriptural basis for having elders in every congregation?
- Is a congregation required to have elders? If a congregation does not have elders, at what point should they consider finding qualified men to serve as elders?
- How important is it to stress that elders meet the biblical qualifications? What are some of the dangers of placing unqualified men in the role of an elder?
- What do elders do?
- How should the elders treat the preacher?
- How should the preacher treat the elders?
- Many thanks to Robert Bedenbaugh, Brian Glasshof, and Richard Hopkins, the eldership of the North Charleston church of Christ.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.