For Tuesday, September 2, 2014
HOST: Dewayne Bryant
In this episode, Dewayne examines the ancient sources that describe and depict the practice of Roman crucifixion.
- “The Romans designed crucifixion to make a person’s last hours on earth as unpleasant as possible. We might rightfully say that crucifixion was the most barbaric form of execution ever devised by the cruelty of man.”
Texts for Reflection
- Mark 15:32 – “Let the Christ, the King of Israel, come down now from the cross that we may see and believe.” Those who were crucified with him also reviled him.”
- John 19:17-19 – “and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called The Place of a Skull, which in Aramaic is called Golgotha. There they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side, and Jesus between them. Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It read, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.””
- Galatians 4:4-5 – “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons”
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.