For July 2, 2014
“Thinking Christianly About Education”
HOST: Torrey Clark
Summary: Torrey is joined by Steven Hunter, blogger at Veritas Venator to discuss the role of education in the life of a Christian.
- Lehman Avenue Bible Education Curriculum – https://drive.google.com/a/studyliberalarts.org/folderview?id=0B1y_p4WlSTfcNUE0cnN1aDNwdUk&usp=sharing
- University lectures are ineffective for learning, analysis finds – http://news.sciencemag.org/education/2014/05/lectures-arent-just-boring-theyre-ineffective-too-study-find
- The False promises of public education – http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2014/05/false-promises-public-education.html
- Additional resources: “The Lost Tools of Learning” by Dorothy Sayers – http://www.accsedu.org/school-resources/the_lost_tools_of_learning
Handy help of the week: VERITAS VENATOR BLOG – http://veritasvenator.com/ – the blog of Steven Hunter. About Steven and his blog in his own words: I have an MA in theological studies from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, and I am working on a PhD with Faulkner University’s Great Books Honors College. This blog is about my Christian, ministerial, and academic journey, so I cover a range of topics. The name Veritas Venator is Latin and is a play on my last name (Hunter) and is translated “Truth Hunter.” My goal in life is to learn as long as God gives me time to live, so I strive to find the truth.My areas of interest are in the Restoration Movement and, particularly, the pioneer preacherJohn Mulkey; the Great Books of the Western World; and the Greco-Roman background of the New Testament. Anything Bible tickles my fancy, and while I don’t have all the answers, I continually “hunt” for them.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.