Season 1, Episode 9
For Thursday, March 19, 2015
“How Can the Church Help? Empathy”
HOST: Andrew Crowe
There are many ways that the church can help someone who is going through mental anguish. This week, Andrew discusses how the church can be empathetic.
Outline of this episode:
- James 1:19
- We need to be empathetic.
- Romans 12:15
- Rejoice means to be “full of cheer”
- Christianity is not a competition.
- Weep means to “sob, wail”
- The idea is that we are there for our brethren in good times and bad.
- It is hard sometimes to show the empathy we would like to show.
- While we may sometimes want to say just the right thing, the right thing may be saying a praying and crying with them.
- This includes if someone comes forward confessing sin or asking for encouragement.
- Pray with them, for them, and encourage them.
- Submit your feedback or suggest future topics via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.