Season 1, Episode 11
For Thursday, April 9, 2015
HOST: Andrew Crowe
- Last week, we noticed that Christ MAY have suffered from depression when He was in the garden and how that means that we can come before Him in prayer when we are distressed. The next logical discussion seems to be the discussion of prayer.
Outline of this episode:
In the past I have been asked a few questions on how one who suffers deals with the situation.
The problem many face is a mind going back and forth.
It is difficult at times to focus while we are praying.
We may wonder, “Is God angry with me when I do this in prayer?”
One may easily give up on prayer.
– Don’t give up on prayer because God wants to hear from you.
1 Pet. 5:6-7
Since He cares for us enough to be willing to take those problems and place them on His shoulders we ought to pray.
– If you have a problem concentrating in prayer why not try writing down the things about which you want to pray.
Write them down on a piece of paper.
Use the PrayerMate app which is available on Android and iPhone phones.
What should we ask God?
o Pray for strength throughout the day.
o Pray that you might be able to focus on the task ahead of you throughout the day.
o Pray for others who have depression.
· Truth be told, it is hard to say, “Pray for this.”
o The biggest reason is because we might not know what to say.
o Rom. 8:26-27
o This verse is not saying that the Holy Spirit will come upon on and word the prayer for us.
– The verses says that He does something FOR us and not TO us.
– The groaning mentioned are the groaning of the human spirit, not the Holy Spirit.
There are infirmities or struggles that we face and we sometimes do not know how to properly word it.
Do your best to word it as you can and we have One who makes intercession for us.
- Submit your feedback or suggest future topics via email (email@example.com)
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.