Season 2, Episode 84
For Thursday, December 3, 2015
“Surrender: A Decision to be HIS”
A Decision be HIS (Mat. 11:29).
- The yoke was a symbol of submission.
- In Israel, yokes were made of wood. The animals wore the yoke to pull a load and was, therefore, under the direction of the master.
- The yoke was a symbol of discipleship.
- In ancient writings, students said to submit themselves to their teacher’s yoke.
- The yoke was a symbol of obedience.
- He does not invite people to come to Him who are unwilling to be in submission to Him.
- Those who come to Christ must be willing for Him to have control!
- If disobedience and rebellion continue, there is reason to doubt the reality of that person’s faith.
- The yoke of sin is heavy. It rubs the neck, making it sore and is an ever increasing burden. Jesus offers a yoke we can carry (Mat. 11:29b-30).
- Jeremiah 6:16 – Thus says the LORD: “Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’
- The response to Jesus was the same. They ultimately crucified Him because they loved the darkness of their sin more than the brightness of His glory.