Season 2, Episode 75
For Friday, November 13, 2015
“The Effects of Sin”
THE EFFECTS OF SIN:
A. Sin has left horrible devastation since it was introduced to the planet.
B. The PHYSICAL consequences of sin.
1. Death entered the world by means of sin (Rom. 5:12).
2. This, of course, includes disease, weakness, etc.
3. Every funeral emphasizes the consequences of sin.
C. The PSYCHOLOGICAL consequences of sin.
1. Isa. 57:21 – “There is no peace,” Says my God, “for the wicked.”
2. Prov. 13:15 – Good understanding gains favor, But the way of the unfaithful is hard.
D. The ENVIRONMENTAL affects of sin
1. There have been geophysical effects of sin (cf. Rom. 8:20ff.)
2. The flood of Noah’s day changed the features of the earth resulting in many of the catastrophic conditions that plague us today (earthquakes, hurricanes).
E. The CULTURALLY DIVISIVE results of sin
1. There was a time when all of humanity spoke the same language (Gen. 11). However, as a result of man’s ambitious rebellion, God confounded humanity’s language so that various nations no longer understood one another (Gen. 11:7).
F. Sin results in SPIRITUAL SEPARATION FROM GOD.
1. Romans 6:23; Isa. 59:1-2
2. Man separated himself from close communion with God, which is a terrible price to pay (Gen. 3:8, 22; Eph. 2:2).
G. Sin results in ETERNAL DEATH.
1. Revelation 21:8 – But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
2. Revelation 20:14 – Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the
3. Matthew 25:46 – And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous
into eternal life.
Let’s wrap it up: Aren’t you thankful that we have a remedy to our sin problem?! In the death of Jesus, an innocent victim, the love of the Father is extended and his justice satisfied (1 Cor. 15:3). All that remains is for sinful people to humbly accept his redemptive grace
through obedience to the gospel of his Son (Hebrews 5:9; 2 Thessalonians 1:8).
- Be sure to tune in to the Periscope Revival at 8:00pm EST. For more information (including a full schedule and how to watch), just go to faughnfamily.com/periscoperevival.