Season 2, Episode 61
For Monday, October 26, 2015
“Jesus Loves the Little Children”
OBSERVATIONS FROM LUKE 18:15-17
- The parents of these children knew that Jesus could help (Luke 18:15a).
- This was a time plagued by infant illness and death.
- God’s ways are not man’s ways. He is looking for those who will be touched by Him (18:15b-16).
- The disciples felt that they needed to be “gatekeepers” for Jesus.
- Jesus’ actions clearly show that God seeks the little ones, the unknown ones, the powerless ones.
- The world seeks power, influence, and wealth. God seeks the little children.
- One who wishes to be a part of Christ’s kingdom must be like a little child (Luke 18:17).
- Being like a child is the only way to kingdom living.
- One must do away with pretensions, greed, your claims to fame, your need to dominate and control, your grasp for identity and power.