Season 2, Episode 58
For Wednesday, October 21, 2015
“It’s All About Sick People”
- Sick people are often isolated.
- Mat. 25:36 – “I was sick and you visited me”
- Illnesses often test our faith (cf. Luke 17:14).
- Faith coupled with submission produces results.
- Remember to give thanks.
- Cf. Rom. 1:21
- Test: What is the ratio in your prayers of thanksgiving to supplications?
- Jesus commended only the faith which said, “Thank you.”
- Where were the others?
- One waited to see if the cure was real.
- One waited to see if it would last.
- One said he would see Jesus later.
- One decided that he never really had leprosy.
- One said he would have gotten well anyway.
- One gave the glory to the priests.
- One said that Jesus didn’t really do anything.
- One said just any rabbi could have done it.
- One said, “I was already much improved.”