Season 1, Episode 61
For Monday, April 6, 2015
“The Distinctiveness of the Bible”
God’s Word guides us in faith and practice (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
– Teaching (what to believe)
– Reproof (what not to believe)
– Correction (what not to practice)
– Instruction (what to practice)
Four observations about God’s Word and its influence on our morality:
- If the Bible speaks on any subject, we should be willing to listen.
- The Bible offers us moral principles by which to direct our lives.
- At the core of being the church (Greek word, ekklesia, meaning called out) is the idea of being different from others.
- The distinctive qualities of Christians set us apart in a way that causes others to take notice.