Recorded Tuesday, April 30, 2013
“Where Are You?”
HOST: Robert Hatfield
- God never asks questions for information. Instead, He asks questions for man’s contemplation.
- In Genesis 3:9, God asked Adam an interesting question: “Where are you?”
- God knew where Adam and Eve were, but wanted them to consider what sin had done to their relationship with Him.
- We need to answer this question for ourselves: Where are we?
- Someone may answer, “I’m in the church.”
- SALVATION is found here (Colossians 1:13-14; Romans 6:11, 23; 8:1-2).
- SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS are found here (Ephesians 1:3).
- SECURITY (hope in Christ) is found here (1 Corinthians 15:19; Hebrews 6:18-19).
- Someone may answer, “I’m in the world.”
- This is a COMBATING environment (James 1:27; 4:4; 1 John 3:13).
- This is a CORRUPTING environment (2 Peter 1:4).
- This is an environment based on CRAVING (1 John 2:15-17).
- Someone may answer, “I’m in the church, but I’m unfaithful.”
- This is a DANGEROUS lifestyle (2 Peter 2:20-22; Galatians 5:1).
- This is a DEFICIENT lifestyle (Galatians 4:9).
- This is a DECEPTIVE lifestyle (1 Timothy 6:10; Galatians 1:6-9; 2 Timothy 4:10; Hebrews 3:12-13).
- Can you answer this question by saying that you are a faithful member of the Lord’s church?
- Submit your feedback or suggest future topics via email (email@example.com)
or voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.