Strong in the Lord Season 2, Episode 13 for Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Modesty means doing what’s needed and involves wearing clothes that are both appropriate for the occasion and portray godliness. Why is modesty a topic on a fitness podcast? In this episode, Gary briefly explains what brought about this subject.
If we want to make sure we’re dressing modestly, we can look at 3 questions:
- What’s the purpose of clothing? To cover our nakedness (Gen 2:25-3:21)
- What’s my attitude about my attire? Being aware of the warning in James 2:2-6
- What clothes would God want me to wear? Based on my heart (Psa 51:10). Based on my holiness (1 Pet 1:14-15; Heb 12:15; Rom 12:1-2)
- Click here for all episodes of Strong in the Lord
Where to find modest athletic wear: http://snogaathletics.com/
An audio sermon about modesty: http://preachinghelp.org/girls-gone-mild
Another audio sermon about modesty: http://northcharlestonchurch.com/03-26-17am/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Doing so helps us spread the word about the show! Thank you!