Recorded Friday, May 17, 2013
“Returning to Right Reverence” (Psalm 132)
HOST: Chris Clevenger
- Jews attended three feasts in Jerusalem every year: Passover (Spring), Pentecost (Early Summer), and Tabernacles (Autumn) (Exodus 23:14-19)
- Traditionally they travelled in family or community groups to the city of David (Luke 2:41-52).
- As they journey they sang the “Psalms of Ascent” (Psalm 120-134) to prepare for worship.
- Psalm 132 is easily outlined: Verses 1-10: David’s Oath to God and Verses 11-18: God’s Oath to David.
- David, who evidently didn’t pen this psalm is mentioned four times.
- We Heard It (Psalm 132:6a)
- We Found It (Psalm 132:6b)
- We Will Go (Psalm 132:7a)
- We Will Worship (Psalm 132:7b)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.