Recorded Friday, May 3, 2013
“Worshipping in the Depths of Life”
HOST: Chris Clevenger
- Jews attended three feasts in Jerusalem every year: Passover (Spring), Pentecost (Early Summer), and Tabernacles (Autumn) (Exodus 23:14-19)
- Traditionally they travelled in family or community groups to the city of David (Luke 2:41-52).
- As they journey they sang the “Psalms of Ascent” (Psalm 120-134) to prepare for worship.
- This psalm begins by referencing “the depths,” water so wide, expansive, and deep that the psalmist cannot escape himself. (cf. Psalm 69:1, 14)
- The psalm itself takes us from the depths, to the courtroom, to the city walls, and then ultimately to the throne of Jehovah.
- God Offers Attention (1-2)
- God Offers Remission (3-4)
- God Offers Anticipation (5-6)
- God Offers Redemption (7-8)
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.