Recorded Friday, April 19, 2013
“Grief and Glory”
HOST: Chris Clevenger
- Jews attended three feasts in Jerusalem every year: Passover (Spring), Pentecost (Early Summer), and Tabernacles (Autumn) (Exodus 23:14-19)
- Traditionally they travelled in family or community groups to the city of David (Luke 2:41-52).
- As they journey they sang the “Psalms of Ascent” (Psalm 120-134) to prepare for worship.
- This psalm has many references to farming and horticulture.
- Though the psalmist faced great greif, he was reminded that he had a reason to glory.
- The Persecution of the Righteous (v. 1-3)
- 2 Timothy 3:12
- The Protection of the Lord (v. 4)
- Psalm 124:7
- The Perdition of the Ungodly (v. 5-8)
- Daniel 2:44
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.