Recorded Tuesday, January 21, 2013
“Avoiding Burnout as Christians”
HOST: Robert Hatfield
GUESTS: Clifton Angel and Stephen Sutton
Video of this episode:
Programming Note: On our next episode, Glenn Colley will join us to discuss burnout from an experienced preacher’s perspective.
- This episode is not just for preachers! On this week’s episode of Preachers in Training, the panel discusses how Christians can avoid personal burnout and how preachers can minister to Christians who are discouraged.
- Clifton and Stephen offer great insight, along with some great comments from the chat room! They answer the following questions:
- What does it look like when Christians burn out?
- Why do some Christians quit? What are the causes of Christian burnout?
- What can we do, as preachers, to help them (cf. Gal. 6:1-2)?
- God’s plan for avoiding burnout in the church:
- To what extent is fellowship an important factor in avoiding Christian burnout?
- To what extent is forgiveness an important factor in avoiding Christian burnout?
- To what extent does edification play a role in avoiding Christian burnout?
- What can I do to be sure that I personally do not burn out as a Christian?
- What would you say to a Christian who is burned out?
Picks of the Week:
- What I’m preaching this Sunday: “The Greatest Salvation” (part of a series designed to encourage the congregation on what is most important)
- Other sermons in this series:
- “The Greatest Institution” (the church)
- “The Greatest Book” (the Bible)
- Upcoming Event: Recharge: Excellence in Ministry – March 13-16, 2013 in Monterey, CA.
- BLOG: “What Keeps You Going When You Want to Quit?” by Michael Hyatt
- BLOG: “15 Steps to Overcoming Discouragement”
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.