Recorded Tuesday, January 15, 2013
“Avoiding Burnout: Youth Ministers”
HOST: Robert Hatfield
GUEST: Chad Landman
Video of this episode:
- Chad and Robert discuss burnout.
- Robert asks the following questions regarding youth ministry:
- What do your elders expect of you as a youth minister?
- Does that differ in any way from what the congregation expects you to do?
- Does that differ in any way from what your youth group expects from you?
- If you could quantify it, how many hours of your week are devoted to youth ministry?
- Have you ever been close to burning out? What caused it?
- What are the effects of burnout? How does burnout in youth ministry affect…
- … your family?
- … your youth group?
- … the congregation you serve?
- … your personal spirituality?
- What do you do to avoid burnout in your ministry?
Picks of the Week:
- INFOGRAPHIC: Youth Ministers Burnout
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.