Preachers in Training Season 5, Episode 9 for Thursday, March 9, 2017
Mike Vestal returns this week to discuss the role of books in helping a preacher or a Bible study in learning God’s word. He and Robert discuss whether it is appropriate to read works written by those with whom we would theologically disagree.
This is part two of a two part series about books.
- Click here for all episodes of Preachers in Training
- PDF: “The Preacher and His Library: Old Testament & Other Suggestions” (by Mike Vestal)
- PDF: “Some of My All-Time Favorite Books for Preachers” (by Mike Vestal)
- PDF: “The Preacher As a Steward: Entrusted with Education” (by Mike Vestal)
- Check out The Book Club podcast, hosted by Brad McNutt, for great book recommendations from a variety of authors. A new episode releases every Monday on The Light Network.
- Mike Vestal recommends the following authors for your Bible study: F. F. Bruce, Leon Morris, John R. W. Stott, and D. A. Carson.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Doing so helps us spread the word about the show! Thank you!