Preachers in Training Season 5, Episode 8 for Thursday, March 2, 2017
Mike Vestal is on this episode to discuss the value of books to Bible study, and how to know if you are relying too heavily on others books to the neglect of the Bible.
This is part one of a two part series about books.
- Click here for all episodes of Preachers in Training
- PDF: “The Preacher and His Library: Old Testament & Other Suggestions” (by Mike Vestal)
- PDF: “Some of My All-Time Favorite Books for Preachers” (by Mike Vestal)
- PDF: “The Preacher As a Steward: Entrusted with Education” (by Mike Vestal)
- PODCAST: “Using Another Preacher’s Material” (Preachers in Training S4E7)
- BOOK: Questions and Answers, Volume 1 by Guy N. Woods*
- BOOK: Questions and Answers, Volume 2 by Guy N. Woods*
- BOOK: The Church of Christ: A Biblical Ecclesiology for Today by Everett Ferguson*
- BOOK: Baptism in the Early Church: History, Theology, and Liturgy in the First Five Centuries by Everett Ferguson*
- Mike Vestal also recommends any of the lectureship books edited by Wendell Winkler (specifically the Fort Worth Lectures series)
* These links are provided, but a cheaper price may be found elsewhere. Shop around to find the best deal.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. Doing so helps us spread the word about the show! Thank you!