For Tuesday, November 11, 2014
“Akhenaten, Moses, and Monotheism”
HOST: Dewayne Bryant
- In this episode, Dewayne explores the religious beliefs of Pharaoh Akhenaten and critics’ claims that the monotheism of the Hebrews came from ancient Egypt.
- “In each plague, God does not merely demonstrate that he is more powerful than the Egyptian gods. He gives human observers every reason to doubt that those gods even exist.”
Texts for Reflection:
- Leviticus 19:34 – “You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.”
- Isaiah 45:21 – “Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.
- Matthew 22:37 – “And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.