Recorded April 11, 2013
“Challenges to Faith in the 21st Century: The Woes of Worldliness”
HOST: Torrey Clark
- Torrey discusses worldliness under the following points:
- What is worldliness?
- What is the Christian worldview of worldliness?
- Why is worldliness wrong?
- Christians are called to live in the world, but not be of the world
- Christians are called to do the following in the world
- Follow the example of Christ (1 Pet. 2:21; Phil. 2:5ff.; 1 Cor. 11:1).
- Be a beacon of light to the world (Matt. 5:13).
- Maintain contact with the world (1 Cor. 5:9-10)
- Do good in the world (Gal. 6:10)
- Christians are not to be conformed to the world for such makes one an enemy of God.
- The present condition of the church
- How are Christians to respond to worldliness?
- Worldliness is not worth it.
- Learn to let go of the world.
- Focus your efforts on preparing for the life to come.
- The Christian’s hope is not in the present world, but in heaven.
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: 903-26-LIGHT (903-265-4448)
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.